Dubai weather

Click for Dubai, UAE Forecast

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My first sandstorm

In case you were sleeping...
It didn't actually occur to me to check this until I sat down to type just after noon, I woke up around 8am. (I know, I know... it was a late night okay)


This is how it looked when I woke up. I thought I was just having a low cloud repeat from last week (I'll post those soon - very cool!)


The clouds moved in FAST!


I was enjoying the views, just snapping away. It actually wasn't as scary as the clouds from the other week.





I was wrong - these were just rolling clouds before the storm.


It got windy! It was pushing the table chairs around and knocked over my tripod that I typically keep out there. I pulled the cushions in off the lounge chairs and pushed them close to the window. It was freaking me out to walk around out there! I'm always alone when these weird things go on!



Well obviously I was concerned about nothing. These guys didn't miss a beat...


So I started going from window to window to see if every one was indeed working as normal...




I'm only on the 27th floor. All of the guys posted above are higher than I am. Many of them 10-15 floors higher than me.


Whatever - I'm staying inside!


I mean think about it; people are driving (like maniacs) out there on the highway. Glad I was up here, safe and sound.

Have a great day! I've got to get to cleaning - Mark comes home tonite!!! YAY!

Jen

2 comments:

lncgurley said...

WHOAH! I'm with you..stay inside! I haven't checked your blog for a a few weeks..HOW COOL! The apt is something out of a magazine! Very chic! I kind of like having laundry in the kitchen...(at least in theory...since we do laundry during meal time..but I guess it would be noisy...)
So glad you are getting settled!

Unknown said...

OMG I would stay inside too. What a mess! I'm glad Mark will be back soon. I can't believe those guys were working during that storm...crazy!

Shangie